If you get Epson Printer Error Code 0x97, you probably won’t be able to print. There is a high likelihood that if you use an Epson printer, especially for a long time, you will be a victim of error 0x97. Epson error 0x97 can be problematic, but simply restarting and cleaning your printer can fix it. A lot of trouble. Try some of our fixes below before you consider going Norwegian on your printer.
What is Epson Error Code 0x97?
This error code may occur when there is an internal hardware problem with the printer. It seems to occur frequently on models: wf-3620, wf-4630, wf-3640, and 7610. It could occur after the motherboard fails, or other internal component malfunctions, according to Epson itself. This often causes your printer to suddenly switch off or stop printing when this error appears.
Our advice is to try some of the following quick fixes to see if the error can be cleared. If you can’t, it could be a more’ catastrophic’ failure you can’t fix on your own. In that case, you may be able to get them to send you a new printer, depending on your warranty, so the last resort advice is to contact Epson support.
How To Fix The Epson Error Code 0x97
In their support center, Error Code Expert provides some solutions. Follow your fix to address this error in hardware failure.
Solution # 1 (Try to Unplug and plugin Again)
- Disconnect all cables connected
- USB drivers can be disconnected
- Remove all cartridges from the printer
- Still off, push the power down to unload all remaining power in the printer
- Connect all cables and USB devices
- Restore the ink cartridges of the printer
- Turn on the power
- Check if the error message appears again
If the error continues, proceed to the following method.
Solution # 2 (Advanced Plugin and Unplug – it)
- Switch off and unplug the Epson printer
- Detach all USB peripherals and cables
- Wait until the printer cools down for five minutes
- Press and hold the A Minute power button. Don’t let it go!
- Connect the power cord after one minute (DO NOT RELEASE) and hold for an additional minute
- Release button for power. See if there is still an error message
Solution # 3 (Epson Printer Nozzles Clean Clogged)
Epson users sometimes observed that the correct fix for this error was simply to clean the head nozzles of the printer. See the following video for a walkthrough.
How to Clean Clogged Head Nozzles from Epson Print.
Cleaning your printer safely to steer clear of damaging the internal hardware of Epson is pretty simple.
- Turn off your printer and, in addition to your computer, unplug it from your power supply.
- Open the box of the printer.
- Take a paper towel section, fold it up to fit under the head of the printer.
- Wet it using any ammonia-like head cleaning fluid.
- Place the soaked paper towel in the middle of the track where the head of the printer moves.
- Set the head of the print to the center so that the tissue soaked in ammonia is under it.
- Let it sit for twelve hours.
Solution # 4 (Printer Troubleshooter from Microsoft)
Microsoft provides printers with a free troubleshooting tool. Try running it to see if any corrections can be suggested.
Solution # 5 (Printer Troubleshooter from Microsoft)
There is a fix to the Trailmaze tech vlogger. He suggests going to the Epson firmware and drivers page that follows.
He says this support page from Epson will help you update the firmware of your printer. After downloading it, run it, click all the default settings and update your printer. This fix has apparently worked for a number of users of Epson printers.
Solution # 6 (Cleaning Head & Nozzle)
Epson head cleaner, nozzle cleaner – clogged nozzles are flushing
Use a syringe and a silicon tube to fix it. He will walk you through the opening of the upper lid which is the Epson printer’s scanner unit and the cleaning of the printer heads.
How to Look After your Epson Printer
Epson American has released a video on YouTube, which shows you how to keep your Epson printer running.
The tech says you’ll find five simple steps to keep your Epson professional printer running without a hitch.
These Are the Following Steps:
- clean it
- wipe it
- close it
- turn it off
- cover it
As time passes dust and other debris might accumulate on the feed roller- use cleaning sheets to thoroughly clean it off. You can continue to keep your printer nice and clean with a damp lint-free cloth, wipe off the sheet feeder while giving one-off to the outside to help keep the dust to the minimum. When you don’t use it, close all the feed and output trays-this should keep unwanted dust away from the printhead and rollers.
This helps keep the print head clean and keep the nozzles clean.
If you’re not planning to print for several days, covering your printer is also wise. You can use a more improvised or custom-made cover. Practicing common maintenance best practices is a good idea it might help to avoid the dreaded 0x97 error code. If you can’t fix Epson Printer Error 0x97, call Epson Printer Support.