The Weasel error code is definitely one of the most infamous error codes that can occur to users when playing Destiny and usually occurs due to a loss of a packet or a disconnection between the home network of the user and the Bungie servers. ISP saturation or general congestion on the internet are common causes. A faulty WiFi or mobile hotspot setup can also cause the problem.
If you use WiFi or a mobile data connection to play and check if the problem still occurs, it is recommended that you try to switch to a wired Internet connection. If so, try to follow the solutions listed below.
Solution 1: Replace Your Coax Cables and Splitter
It turns out that people with bad coax cables and splitters used for their Internet connection caused the problem with this error code. In most cases, these people used the Internet cable to play the game and it turns out that the problem could be solved by simply replacing them.
If you are a cable Internet user and have not replaced your equipment for more than a few years, you may need to contact a cable company technician or simply buy and replace the cables and the splitter.
Solution 2: Clan Invites
The problem seems to have been caused by a faulty clan invitation system and this seems to be the main concern for most people who are struggling with the Weasel error code. When someone invites you to a clan, the time that the error occurs is most likely. Make sure you don’t have an invitation to the clan to avoid receiving this error message until the Bungie team manages to deal with the problem.
- The clan administrator should kick you out of the clan you joined to delete the invitation and avoid the error message.
- An alternative way to avoid the problem is to check the membership page on Bungie.net to see if you have a new clan invite. If you do, join the clan and leave it immediately to avoid the error message.
Solution 3: Create a New PSN Account (PlayStation Users Only)
The creation of a new PSN (PlayStation Network) account appears to have helped worldwide users to fix their Weasel-related error code while playing Destiny. The whole process may seem too simple to make the game work, but it seems to be one of the only ways to normally play the game until the Bungie team fixes the problem.
To create a new PSN account, a local user must be connected to a PlayStation Network (PSN) account to play online or buy games and other content from the PlayStation Store.
- Start your PS4 and navigate on the PlayStation Log-in screen to New User >> Create a User or User 1.
- This should create a local PS4 user, not a PSN account.
- Select Next > > New to the network of PlayStation? Create an account > Register now.
- If you select Skip, you can immediately select your local user’s avatar and name and play offline. On the PS4 home screen, go to your avatar to sign up for PSN later.
- If you are using this PS4 for the first time, go to the Profile of User 1 on the home screen of the PS4 and enter your details and preferences and select Next on each screen.
- When you enter your birthday, you’ll create a local user for offline play and you’ll have to ask an adult to approve the account later.
- If you are over 18 years of age and want to use your credit or debit card in the PlayStation Store, make sure that the address you enter corresponds to the address of your card.
- Make sure you have access to your email address because you have to verify it.
- Create an online identification and enter your first and last name. Your online identification is your publicly visible name that other PSN users will see.
- Select the settings for Sharing, Friends and Messages (three screens). They’re only for your account; they don’t affect what other PS4 users see.
- If you are under 18, account creation ends here and you can either ask an adult to sign in to their account to allow access to the PSN or to play offline until they do.
- Check your email and click on the link to verify. If you did not receive an email to verify your account, check the folders for spam and junk.
- If you can’t find it yet, select Help to change your email address or ask us to resend your email. To link your PSN and Facebook accounts or do this later, select Login with Facebook.
- You now have a new PSN account and you can try testing the game and check whether the Weasel error code still appears on your computer.
Solution 4: Unlink Your Destiny App From Your Phone
This seems to have worked for several users who reported that it worked for them to unlink the Destiny app from their account. The app is a smartphone app that can be useful in many cases, but it appears to be a way to solve the problem if it is deleted or unlinked.
- Use the authentication method that is not removed in the steps below to sign in to Bungie.net.
- Browse the Settings page and click “Accounts & Links.”
- To remove it from your account, click “Unlink” next to the app authentication method.
- Alternatively, if you use an Android, you can simply uninstall it from your smartphone by holding its icon from the app list and dragging it to the uninstall button.
- If you use an iPhone, keep one of the apps in the menu where all apps are located and wiggling begins. On most of them, small “x” buttons will appear to locate the destiny and delete it by clicking on the “x” button and confirming your choice.
Solution 5: Clear Your Xbox One Cache
Clearing the cache has helped several people deal with their Xbox One Weasel error and this process should be quite helpful. However, make sure all your games are synchronized online and backed up, as this process can eventually delete them from your local Xbox One memory. There are two ways to remove the Xbox One cache:
- Press and hold the power button on the Xbox console’s front until it is fully shut down.
- Disconnect the power brick from the Xbox back. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to ensure that there is no power left and that the cache is actually cleaned.
- Plug the power brick and wait for the light to change its color from white to orange on the power brick.
- Turn the Xbox as usual and check if the Weasel error code still appears when you start Destiny or Destiny 2.
- Navigate to Xbox One and click Network > > Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to the option Alternate Mac Address and select the option Clear that appears.
- You will be asked to make a real choice because your console will be restarted. Answer affirmatively and clear your cache.
Call On Our Technical Support Phone Number for Fix Destiny Error Code Weasel by Errorcode Expert USA +1-888-401-4846 Right Now to Get Instant Help