The HP Driver acts as an essential factor that helps you on a daily basis with different things. HP printers are one of the best external system devices that allow you to identify your thoughts with high quality printed copies. But it also has some limitations, like many other external and software devices, and so it sometimes ends up displaying an error for the user.
Recently, quite a few users have stated that an error pops up stating, “Installation Error,” Call to DriverPackageInstall returns error for 1603 product whenever they install the HP software on their computer. The text “ERROR INSTALL FAILURE” on the computer is sometimes followed here too.
Here are Some of the Best Possible Reason listed here to Get the Error 1603.
Causes of “HP Driver Error 1603 Windows 10 Occurrence.”
Windows 10 users are specifically affected by Error 1603. This incident has also occurred in Windows update failures in some situations. The incidence of Fatal Error 1603 is due to multiple causes.
Here are Some of the Primary Reasons:
- it can happen due to a massive pre-installed application on your system.
- If the Windows Installer Package folder you are trying to install is encrypted, it can proceed to ‘Error 1603’.
- Your device account may not have full control of the folder you are installing in the Windows Installer Package folder. In this case, the Windows Installer service uses the software installation account of the device and thus leads to an error.
- As a backup drive, the drive containing the folder (to which you are downloading the Windows Installer Package) is accessed.
Solutions for How to Fix ‘HP Driver Error 1603 on Windows 10’
We can now quickly move into learning all the possible solutions once we understand the cause of “HP Driver Error 1603 on Windows 10.” The occurrence of error code 1603 on your PC can be avoided by multiple methods.
Solution 1: Use Fix it or Quick Fix solutions from Microsoft:
The applications that help search and resolve Microsoft products and third-party software problems for your PC are Microsoft’s fixes, or Quick Fix solutions.
Just go to the official website and click on the ‘Download’ button to use ‘Microsoft Fix It.’ You will be able to download a Microsoft quick fix solution and then work with the software error automatically with your own. The basic repair package may be .msi or .diagcab, depending on the technology used to create the package (only for Windows 10).
Use Microsoft Fix This will help you get rid of Windows 10’s HP Driver Error 1603.
Solution 2: HP Drivers Update:
HP Driver Error 1603 may also be caused by some outdated or incomplete drivers. You should uninstall the previous version of the drivers installed on the HP printer for the solution, and then install the most recent drivers and firmware updates later. You can find different models of HP printer drivers, but make sure to select one according to the model of your HP printer.
Related Article- How to Fix HP Printer Error 1797?
You can manually download driver updates or use some dedicated automated tools. The manual process can take a very long time; however, the process will be completed by automatically learn within no time and minimal intervention.
Note: They can be totally destroyed by selecting and installing the wrong drivers to your PC. Therefore, we recommend that you use dedicated tools only.
- Firstly, download the software and open it.
- Start the scan and then let the new drivers on your device finish downloading and installing them.
- The software can find and fix any missing or broken drivers on your computer once it’s done.
Solution 3: Run Hardware Troubleshooter :
One can also run a hardware troubleshooter to fix the ‘Error code 1603’.
- Type in and open the Control Panel in the Windows search bar.
- Now, in the Control Panel window, go to the View by Icon and choose the Large Icons option.
- Locate and select Troubleshoot from the recently published list.
- Go to Hardware and Sound, click the Configure System option, and then click Next to run the Troubleshooter.
- Let the process finish on its own. Check whether the ‘Error code 1603’ is resolved or not, until completed.
Solution 4: Check that ‘Windows Installer service’ is the Automatic :
Follow the steps that are given below:
- Type ‘Services.msc’ in the Windows search bar and click Enter.
- Locate the Services (Local) list and press the Windows Installer button.
- Open the Startup Style drop-down menu in the Windows Installer Properties dialog box, and press Automatic.
- Now press the Submit button and click OK.
- Finally, start by installing the software.
Solution 5: Using Compatibility Mode, install the driver:
The possibility of ‘Error code 1603’ occurring will be reduced by installing the driver in Compatibility Mode. Follow the steps given below for the installation process:
- Next, download new driver to your system.
- Now right-click the Configuration file for the Driver and select Properties.
- The window goes to the Compatibility section from Properties.
- Click the checkbox located before the Run this program option in compatibility mode.
- Finally, restart your computer and check whether or not the error problem has been fixed.
Solution 6: Update to the latest version of Microsoft Windows Installer:
You can uninstall HP Driver Error 1603 on Windows 10 by upgrading to the new version of Microsoft Windows Installer.
- Type Run on the Windows search bar and open the Run dialog box.
- Type in appwiz.cpl in the empty command area, and press Enter.
- Navigate to the list of currently installed programs, then select the Windows Installer option.
- Click Delete and then follow the on-screen Windows Installer removal instructions.
- Go to Microsoft’s official website now and install the latest version of Windows Installer.
Solution 7: Windows Component Registration:
To register a component for Windows, follow the steps given below:
- Unregister and Re-Register Installer for Microsoft Windows:
- Go to your desktop search bar and type ‘cmd.’
- Once you see the request for Command, right-click and then choose Run as administrator.
- Type MSIEXEC/UNREGISTER on the Windows prompt command, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer and check if the problem with the error is resolved or continues.
- To have the Atl.dll file registered:
- To open the Run dialog box, press WINDOWS + R
- Enter regsvr32 Atl.dll in the empty command box and press OK.
- Finally, on the RegSvr32 screen, click the OK button.
Related Blog- How to Connect HP Printer to Mac Wireless?
Solution 8: Allow the full control permission to the System Account:
Consider giving the ‘System account’ complete control permission to get rid of ‘Error code 1603’.
- Open File Explorer, right-click the drive you want to install the Windows Installer Package on, and then select Properties.
- Click the Security tab and select the Device Account under Community or User Names.
- Select the Device entry from the Permissions tab and press the Edit button.
- Now, in the next window, click Applies, and from the drop-down menu, select This Folder, Subfolder and Files.
- Finally, press OK and run a package for the Windows Installer.
Solution 9: Reactivated HP Applications :
If none of the above solutions works for you, then try reinstalling the software from HP. Follow the steps given below for reinstalling the HP software:
- Turn on your printer, first of all.
- Be sure to disconnect the cable if your computer and printer are connected via USB.
- Visit the HP website under Downloads for Apps and Drivers now.
- Recognize your printer model and follow the directions on your computer for downloading.
- Finally, you can download the full feature driver by clicking Next.
Solution 10: (temporarily) Uninstall Services and then Reinstall HP Software:
- Disable (temporarily) start-up services:
- On your computer, go to the search bar, type ‘MSConfig’ and press Enter.
- Select the Services tab from the vertical option menu and then click Disable All. While you turn on your system, it will turn off all the programs that start.
- Now check the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox and press Disable All > OK.
Get Connect With HP Printer Technical Support +1-866-231-0111 to get Instant Support
Before jumping to other solutions, we recommend that you try the basic troubleshooters first, so follow the same pattern as described above in the post. The above solutions are also mainly for Windows 10 users and may not work for other Windows users or look different. If you still face the issue, the best resort is to contact HP Technical Support Assistance +1-866-231-0111 and replace the printer. Please write down the comment in the comment box below if you have any questions or suggestions.