If you need to update or update the information stored in your browser, the error code ‘M7111-1331-2206’ occurs while streaming Netflix movies. There are many cases in which the browser stores bad / outdated data, which means that websites do not function as expected.
This error is not limited to this condition and may occur for a number of other reasons as well. People experience this error message from time to time (not regularly). The remedies to fix this error message are not extensive and can be immediately implemented.
What causes the Netflix error ‘M7111-1331-2206’?
This error is not restricted to this condition and may also occur for a number of other reasons. People sometimes experience (not regularly) this error message. The solutions to fix this error message are not extensive and can be immediately implemented.
- The data stored in your browser is bad/outdated. In addition, your bookmarks may also have problems.
- Netflix may have some downtime. If the main server is down, you can’t stream and this error message can be faced.
- The Media Feature Pack may not have been installed on your computer. To ensure smooth running (for Windows N), Netflix relies on several third-party modules.
- You can turn on the IPv6 adapter. This rarely causes any problems, but the disabling of their error message has been fixed according to several users.
- You may use a proxy to use Netflix, which is not available at your location.
Before you start with the solutions, make sure that you have an active internet connection without any proxies. If you use the internet of some organization, make sure the internet is fully accessible. An organization restricts internet access and blocks several sites in several cases.
Solution 1: Clearing your browser data
Your browser data clears the official solution for correcting the error message ‘M7111 -1331 -2206. “data stored in your browser may be “bad” or “outdated” according to Netflix and may conflict with the website. Don’t try to use bookmarks too. This is also part of the official documentation of Netflix.
Before you clear your browsing data, open an Incognito tab and try to access Netflix by typing the full address. Incognito does not use stored browser data to browse the internet. If you can easily surf Netflix in Incognito, the removal of browser data fixes the problem. The clearance procedure is listed below:
- Type “chrome / / settings” in Google Chrome’s address bar and press Enter. This will open the settings of the browser.
- Browse to the bottom of the page and click “Advanced.”
Advanced Settings- Chrome
- Navigate to the advanced menu and select Clear browsing data.
Clear browsing data- Chrome
- Make sure all checks in the new popup are enabled and the time range is set to All time. To delete all your browser data, click Clear data.
Deleting all browser data- Chrome
- Now restart your computer properly and try accessing Netflix again.
Solution 2: Turning off Proxy and installing Media Feature Pack
Netflix has a geographical location restriction and only allows certain programs to be viewed according to each location on the basis of the copyrights of TV shows or films. To avoid this restriction, users try to use a proxy and access all programs on the platform.
If you use a proxy server, deactivate it and normally access Netflix using your browser. Don’t forget to diagnose your browser data problem by following solution 1.
Windows N versions are operating system versions that contain all the basic features of Windows, but do not have a media player. If you use a Windows N version, you must install a Media Feature Pack to obtain your media capabilities. Restart your computer and try Netflix again after the software has been installed. In some cases, you may also have to install the codec on your computer.
Solution 3: Checking server status
If the error message is not resolved by both these methods, you should open Netflix in another device. If the error message is still present, it is likely that the Netflix server will be down.
Server Status- Netflix
In the past, users received the error message “M7111-1331-2206” during streaming due to poor health of a server. You can check third-party websites for downtime or check Reddit or other forums to see if others have the same problem. You can also check the official Netflix page for the server status.