When you open or accesses the company file, you may receive these error 6000 82 or -6000, -106 when creating or opening a company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: Make sure the QuickBooks has been updated to the latest release before proceeding. It is also recommended to install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool before making any of the following steps. You can also speak to our QuickBooks Error Support Number with an Intuit certified ProAdvisor to save your time and effort.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106
To Resolve these Errors, there are 5 steps:
Step 1- Remove the Empty Space After the Name of the Company & Before the Extension of the Company File.
- Logout all computers or devices from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, the folder will open the folder where all the company file will be saved.
- Then right-click on the file of the company and choose the Rename.
- Choose the file name, then check and clear any empty space between the extension file and the name of the company.
- Try creating or opening a company file now.
Related Blog: How To Fix QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, Or H505 WH ?
Step 2- Turn off Hosting when QuickBooks is installed With Each Computer.
Note–Turn disables multi-user access hosting mode.
- After clicking Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, go to File.
- When the message appears on your screen when you stop hosting multi-user access, select Yes.
- When this message appears when the company file has to be closed, you will select Yes.
Note– This error usually indicates that you are setting up one or more client computers incorrectly to host multi-user access.
- This error message is displayed on each client computer.
- Select File in the window No Company Open, then select Utilities.
- You can confirm that the multi-user access host menu option will be displayed. One or more client computers can display menu options, prevent
- multi-user hosting access, indicating that multi-user access is already being hosting.
Select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option to display the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access on any client computer and then follow the prompts to stop hosting. Then try to reopen the file of the problem. The window of log-in should now appear. Please go to Step 3 if the problem appears.
Step 3- Switch to Local and Remote File Mode for multi-user access.
Note– Only does this process when the previous steps fail to resolve the error.
- Open QuickBooks, press F2 key to open window details.
- Confirm that hosting is set to local files only under local server information at the bottom of the window.
- Then select the menu File and select Multi-User Mode or change it.
- The company files on a network after that open. You can see in-product help from QuickBooks or set up multi-user or network for QuickBooks
- Desktop Resource for more details
If the issue present, then moves to step 4.
Step 4- Restart the Computer of the Client
The system will be brought from scratch by restarting the computer and the software’s current state will be erased. If the issue is present, move the last step 5.
Step 5- Follow the Standard Solution for Troubleshooting Data.
In troubleshooting, data damage may be filed by your company. Don’t be afraid that you can solve data damage problems with your file (basic troubleshooting).
I hope this will help you to resolve your query if you don’t call Quickbooks Support team at QuickBooks +1-888-401-4846.