Some Roblox players report that every time they try to join a friend, they get the error code 106. The error is reported on Xbox One and usually occurs for people who first try to join an online session.
What causes the Roblox 106 error code?
This particular problem is due to a change made by the developer in the application Xbox One. You won’t be able to join a friend’s game from now on unless your friend is included in your Roblox Friend list and your Xbox One list.
How to fix the Roblox 106 error code on Xbox One
If you encounter this particular problem, it is easy to log on to the website of Roblox via a console browser, laptop, PC or mobile device and add your friend to the built-in list of friends. You then have to get your friend to do the same and accept the request of your friend.
Make sure your friend is added to your Xbox One friend list once this is done. You should be able to join the game session after restarting the game without the same error.
We decided to create a step-by-step guide through the whole thing to make the whole process easier for you to understand. This is what you have to do:
- Visit the Roblox website via laptop / desktop / mobile device and log in to your user account by clicking at the top of the login button.
- Use the search function at the top to search for your friend’s account name once you have logged in to your Roblox account. Click on the Players search “account name.”
- Click the button Add Friend associated with the account of your Friend.
- Once you have added your friend, ask him to repeat step 1 with his user credentials to log in to Roblox.com. Once logged in, please click on the Notification icon and accept the request of your friend by clicking on Accept.
- Return to your Xbox One console and add your friend to the list of friends. If not, press the Xbox button and select Find someone from the list of friends and clubs. Next, look for the gamer tag and click Add friend.
- Open Roblox again and try joining the session of your friend. You should be able to do this without problems.