If you look at the Roku Error Code 009, the device has successfully connected to the router, but cannot access the internet. This is also similar to Error Code 14. In essence, your device does not recognize the wireless signal for your preferred network and displays error messages such as “Unable to connect to the wireless network” or even the message “Not connected to the Internet.”
When you set up your device, the first thing you do is connect to the internet. This is exactly the same as connecting any other device such as mobile or PC. The process is quite simple.
First check whether your wireless network name appears on the network list
Choose the Correct One
- Enter the case-sensitive passcode
- The wireless connectivity is established
- A message is displayed indicating a successful connection
- The Internet broadband service provides access to the player hardware via the router
Immediate Resolution to Error 009
In order to solve the problem for you, you may want to ask your ISP or Internet service provider, because the problem is quite technical. It’s more of an internet problem than a router. Alternatively, you can also perform other solutions.
Some recommended actions, such as checking your connection and fixing connectivity problems through some verification steps, can be taken.
- You can check your connection by clicking “Settings” and then clicking “Network”
- Next, click on “Check Connection” under “Network”
- Here, you will perform a 2-step test
- Test the quality and actual connectivity of the signal to the usable network
- Measure the speed of the connection and check whether you are connected to the Internet
- If your wireless signal strength is really poor, use the on-screen instructions
During the Connection Check
- Roku tries to connect to the wireless network
- If it succeeds, it tries to connect to the Internet
- For each successful connection, a green check will appear
- When a green check appears for both connections, the Roku device has successfully connected to your network and the internet
- Connections are also tested and results are published
- Connection checks end with a message saying’ Connection checks have been successful’
- This is when both signal connection tests go well
- An error code is displayed on the screen with recommendations to improve the problem
Reviewing Connection Checks
- Go to’ Settings’ and then click’ Network’ and then click’ About’ to check your connection.
- Here, you can review the values against
- signal strength’ should be’ excellent’ or at least’ good’
- ‘Internet download speed’ should display good with some points against it such as ‘11/13’
- If you think the signal strength is poor, you may need to measure the wireless signal