Here are Steps to Fix Spotify Error Code 17
Symptoms of Error 17
- “Error 17” shows the active program window and crashes.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 17 when running the same program.
- “Spotify Error Code 17 Fix” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer “freezes” periodically for a couple of seconds.
During program installation, these 17 error messages can appear while a Spotify AB-related software program (e.g. Spotify) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during Windows operating system installation. A critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem is to keep track of when and where your 17 error occurs.
Causes of Error 17
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Spotify software.
- Corruption in the registry of Windows due to a recent change in software related to Spotify (install or uninstall).
- Infection with a virus or malware that has corrupted Windows system files or program files associated with Spotify.
- Another program deleted Spotify-related files maliciously or erroneously.
Runtime errors such as “Error 17” can be caused by a variety of factors, so it is important that you fix each of the possible causes to prevent a recurrence.