If you receive error 0c80070005 when checking for window updates. It is because of access denied permission problem. This error occurs when you have lack of permission of files and registry which required during reinstalling the updates.
That’s because files or registry permission is modify by virus and malware. It’s a very to find the reason of error 0x80070005. This error can also happen when you are trying to activate windows or connect to network. Its quite easy to deal with them.
Causes of the error 0x8007005
This error cause when you are trying to install system updates and you do not get the required permission to do this operation. This error also happen because of malware in your PC as malicious software or virus may block any action. In that case computer users should update the antivirus software and remove the malicious application or infected error.
In this post we will tell you how to fix error code 0x80070005 on your window.
Method 1: Scan for malware and virus
If your computer has installed antivirus software, please make sure the software id always up to date. If you haven’t had installed any antivirus software, you can use Microsoft safety scanner which is already freeware and can be used to scan system for computer virus or any malware.
It is not fully featured software and also can’t provide full protection against malware or computer virus but you can use it manually to scan your computer which contain any potential infection.
- Download Microsoft safety scanner on Pc from Microsoft website and install on your computer.
- Start scanner then click scan type and full scan in sequence and click next button.
- It starts scanning process and you need to wait it to complete. This process will take time and after scan is done remove all detected virus. Restart your computer again to update window.
Method 2: Fix all network error
Sometime this error code 0x8007005 occur due to shared network resources. you need to alter sharing permission of the folder:
- Find the shared folder on your computer network and right click it to view its properties.
- Now click the security tab and select Add and Advance. Click find now and then wait for sometime and now choose everyone.
- Click OK to confirm and apply. Now close the window and the folder will be shared to everyone who is able to connect to your network.
Method 3: Restart PC and try again
Simply restart your PC and run window update again. Sometimes it gets resolve its own and could be simple network or PC error which get easily resolve.
Method 4: Run window update troubleshooter
- To run the troubleshooter press window key.
- Type troubleshooter in search box and click on it.
- In control panel there are list of trouble shooter, in System and security section, click fix problem with windows update.
- In the window update troubleshooting click advance option.
- In the advance setting make sure the you enable the apply repair automatically option and then click next button.
- Troubleshooting work through its process and then lets you know whether it could identify and fix the problem. Most of the trouble shooter can successfully remove a stuck update from the queue.
Want Us to Solve your problem for you?