How to fix windows error code 0xC1900208 ?
The process of upgrading Windows takes compatibility very seriously. They must be compatible with the hardware and otherwise the Windows Upgrade will be stuck with installed applications. Windows 10 error 0xC1900208 -0x4000C is one of the error messages that appear.
Error 0xC1900208 -0x4000C is caused by incompatibility with the application. This indicates that the upgrade process is blocked by an incompatible app installed on the PC. You need to ensure that all applications are up-to-date and then check compatibility. Else ensure that incompatible apps are uninstalled and then re-upgrade. Note that this is one of many error codes for Windows Upgrade compatibility problems.
Error 0xC1900208–0x4000C on Windows 10
Since the compatibility error is usually displayed by Windows Upgrade Advisor, we have three options. Update the application's latest version and software, or uninstall the application or trick Windows compatible with it.
1] Update Software and Applications
Your steps will change depending on where you installed them. If you have directly installed from the website, follow the following steps:
- Most applications have an integrated update check option. Look forward to it
- You can also go to the website of the software and see if a new version is available. Download and refresh.
If you downloaded Microsoft Store:
- Launch Store and click on three dots on the top right.
- Click on Download and Updates
- See if there is an update available for the store, if yes, update it
2] Uninstall a software or application
You will need to use the classic program and features to complete it if you downloaded from the website.
- Type "control" in the search box and when it appears, click on the control panel.
- Select Program and Features from the list.
- This will list all the programs
- Select the program which is possibly not compatible, and uninstall it.
If you downloaded the application from the Windows Store, right-click it from the list of applications and select Uninstall.
Also Read:- Windows Update Error 0x80073712
3] Bypass Upgrade Advisor
Software developers do not pass the compatibility test for their applications many times. They may work on the upgraded version of Windows 10, but they didn't pass the check. If you are 100 percent sure, read our detailed post about how you can trick the upgrade advisor when it says Uninstall this app now because it is not Windows 10 compatible.