If you are downloading any update and gives you the Windows Update Error Code 0x80073712 then it means your windows update files are damaged and missing. These errors basically caused by underlying on the PC that caused windows updates to fail. Many times,component-based servicing manifest can also be corrupted.
If such error code 0x80073712 appears on your screen, the window cannot finish updating the operating system and install the updates. This error mostly caused by an incomplete installation/ installation of Software.
Many users experience error code 0x80073712 on windows. In this blog, I will tell you several ways to solve the problem. You can also contact our support team for instant help.
1: System File Checker
A system file checker (SFC) is a feature in a window that helps to scan your system files and also repair the missing or corrupted system files. To run the SFC scan:
- Press the window key button + X then click on the command prompt and click run as an administrator.
- Now click yes when prompted to confirm
- Now type in command prompt and hit enter
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
- Let the file checker run and then restart your PC.
Method 2: Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool(DISM)
Deployment Image Servicing and management tool is another method to help us to fix the window error code 0x80073712. To run DISM:
- Press the window key button and type Cmd, then click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
- Type the following command and hit Enter.
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Now, wait for some time for finishing the whole process.
- Restart your Pc and run SFC again so it will help to replace any corrupted and missing files to correct ones.
- Check the window updates and window error code 0x80073712 gets solved.
Method 3: Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows update troubleshooter is the most useful tool that helps us to solve common window updates issues. Follow the below steps to run troubleshoot.
- Press the Windows key and type troubleshoot, then click Troubleshoot.
- Click window update>Run the troubleshooter.
- Now follow on the screen instructions to troubleshoot.
- Restart your PC and again try to update your window.
Method 4: Delete Windows Update Cache.
Delete the window update cache is another way to resolve error code 0x80073712. Follow the below-given steps :
- Press the Windows key + R then copy & paste services.MSC into the box and click OK.
- Scroll down to the bottom, right-click on the window update and click stop.
- Press the window key + R.
- Type C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download in the box and press the ok button.
- Press Ctrl + A then click right to pop up a menu and click delete.
- When asked to provide administrator permission to delete the folder, check the box before do this for all current items and click Continue.
- Come back to the Services window, right-click on Windows Update and click Start.
- Restart your Pc and try the window update again.
Method 5: Rename Software Distribution Folder
- Press the window key and type Cmd to open a command prompt.
- Right-click on Cmd and select as an administrator.
- Type these in cmd and hit your enter key.
- net stop wuauserv
- ren c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution software distribution.old
- net start wuauserv
- Restart your PC and try again to update your window.
Call On Our Technical Support Phone Number for fix Windows Update Error 0x80073712 by Error Code Expert Right Now to Get Instant Help