Sometimes your window defender getsunresponsive and show error code 0x800704ec. This error is not software or hardware related. This simple occur due to corrupt or damaged windows registry files. Window defender is basically for security protection for your PC. It is a registry related problem, it can slow down your PC, shut it down unexpectedly, or can also cause it to crash.
Reasons for windows error code 0x800704ec
One most of the common reason for this error is when you run two antiviruses at same time. For example, if you are trying to run Avast and window defender together, this error appears on your screen. But sometime this error also appears when you try to install the latest window defender update.
The possible reasons why this error appears:
- Due to improper sync between your window defender and window setup
- Due to virus attack
- Due to broken window registry
- Due to improper configuration of window system files
- When hard disk doesn’t have enough space to run defender
- If above reasons are problem of error code 0x800704.So, follow the below given methods to resolve the error.
Method 1: Enable the window defender Services
- To fix the error 0x800704ec error code, the first thing you need to do is to ensure the service that the window defender for the window defender are enabled. Follow the given below steps:
- Press the window key + R .
- Now type msc in the Run dialog box and click ok.
- Select the services for windows defender in the Services list to check if they are running.
- If the status column is blank, just right click the services and choose the start to enable it.
- Restart your computer.
Method 2: Uninstall or disable the third-party antivirus software.
- Second method you can apply is to disable the third part antivirus software from your computer.
- Press window key
- Search control panel and click on it.
- Click uninstall programs under programs.
- Find your third party in program list and double click to uninstall it or make a change.
Method 3: Use Registry editor to fix the issue
- Press window key + R
- Type regedit in the box and Ok
- Now copy Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender in the above box and hit enter button to go to windows Defender.
- Then find REG–SZ on the right and double click it to set itsvalue to0.
Method 4: Change group Policy’s settings
- Login into account as an administrator
- Now type mscandpress enter
- Then click Local Computer Policy and select Administrative Templates.
- Then select window components and open windows defender.
- Select window defender and double click Turn off Window Defender.
- Select Window defender and double click Turn off windows defender option on the right pane.
- In the new open window, click Disable.
- Finally click ok to save changes.