CenturyLink is an American telecommunication organization headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana. It offers internet, TV, phone, and home security services to residential, business, governmental, and wholesale customers in 37 states. Users use Centurylink without any issues. If the Centurylink Internet is not working and for these issues, users are not able to access their email account much more without an internet connection. To solve these issues users search the solution online.
Users are not able to find out the easy methods to resolve this problem. Don’t worry about it. In this blog, we define simple and easy methods. You can use it without any trouble. For that users need to read the entire blog without skipping any sections. Let’s follow the methods step by step without wasting time.
Check the reasons
If your internet connection is completely shut down, it is most likely one of these scenarios:
- CenturyLink Internet is down in your area.
- Users can check here if CenturyLink’s internet is down in their area.
- Something is wrong with your modem.
Fix CenturyLink Internet not Working Issues
First of all, go and grab your modem. It should look like one of the two modems shown below:
The first thing we want to check is whether or not your modem is getting any power. On the far left side of the box, Users will see the power light. It will look something like this.
Red or Amber light
Users will see a red or amber power light as the modem tests its own hardware. The light will stay red for about 30 seconds and transition to green. If it stays red, here are some possible reasons:
- If you are using the wrong cord for the power supply.
- Users make sure you use the one they gave you.
- Your modem has overheated.
- Users move your modem to a spot where it gets better air circulation.
- You’re not getting enough power from your power strip or surge protector. Try plugging your modem directly into an outlet.
You can reset your wifi router. Users can do this by using a paperclip to press the reset button when the lights go out. This will reset your modem to its factory defaults.
You may also read- How to Recover CenturyLink Email Password?
No Light at all
If the power light is not turned on, Users will want to check the power cord to make sure it’s plugged in. It is not possible that no power is coming through the outlet. If there’s no power in the outlet, Users face the internet problem. You can apply these methods.
DSL, Internet Lights & Wi-Fi Lights
Check the points
- If your power light goes green, the rest of the lights on your modem box should start to light up green as well.
- Users quick checklist of everything you need to make sure every other light goes green as well:
- For the DSL light, you want to make sure you have an Ethernet cord plugged into your box.
- If your internet Ethernet cord is plugged in and the port is not turning green.
- Users should try a new Ethernet card.
If your power light goes green, the rest of the lights on your modem box should start. The internet icon will turn solid green when your modem connects to the internet. If that icon flashes red or amber, Check your login information. If the type information is incorrect or the internet is down in your area.
Your Wi-Fi light will be turned off if you do not have it enabled.
- Open a web chrome and visit http://192.168.0.1.
- Select the Wireless Setup.
- Users check the select Basic Settings.
- Select Enable option next to Wireless Radio.
- Users need to choose the Apply to Save Change option.
Related Blogs- How To Change/Reset/Recover CenturyLink Email Password?
Use Service Troubleshooter Rebooting Option
Here is how users can use the Service Troubleshooter tool:
- Visit the Service Troubleshooter login screen and enter your account or billing phone number, alongside the billing zipping code.
- The process is done, choose the Run Test option.
- If any issues are found, the system will tell you how to proceed.
- If no errors are found users will need to enter the Internet Problems option to be forwarded to a specific menu of options regarding your internet service. users want to run a diagnostic test, you will need to clock on the Sign in to MY CenturyLink.
- Users need to choose the Run Data Line Test button and wait for the system to complete testing it.
- You should be able to see options for automated troubleshooting of your modem and internet service.
Get Quick Support for Centurylink Intent not Working
We provide easy solutions for users to Fix Centurylink Internet not Working issues. Provided methods are easy to use. If users use these solutions for that. You can solve your issues without any problem. If users need live support to solve this problem. Just drop your concern mail on Support mail: Support@errorcodeexpert.com Experts will assist you according to your concern and provide you an easy solution within working hours without any trouble.